June 25, 2009

The Proper Care and Feeding of A Bride-To-Be

Studying for the bar is painful, for me and those that are "graced" with my presence each day. It has turned me into a mean fiance ("barzilla," to quote him exactly), a less than adequate mom to my devoted puppy, and otherwise just rendered me MIA in terms of friends and family that haven't heard from me in weeks (you should be glad if you are in this bunch).

Ultimately, though, while stressful and consuming, I have also figured out that balance is necessary, and that comes to me by way of getting some real exercise for the first time in years, tanning (yes, actually submitting myself to UV rays in a coffin-like tube!), and since I am home most of the time each day, taking better care of my skin, nails, hair and body.

This all fits together quite nicely for me because these two months could be the key to making me the glowing, healthy, happy bride that every girl wants to be. Plus, I am getting a base tan for the honeymoon! (I am so not a tanning bed kinda girl... but I am kind of enjoying it this, the only, time)

Anyway, I have discovered a few fave health and beauty products that I love, and thought I would share!



Johnson & Johnson Baby Oil Gel with Aloe Vera
A little greasy for everyday, but great if you are lounging around the house or showering after a workout and need unbeatable moisturizing.



Hempz Sunburn Relief
My after-tanning solution. Ultimate moisture, and a delicious(non-aloe-y) smell.

Trader Joes High Potency Multivitamin for Women

Super absorbant, and I haven't felt sick taking it yet! Gotta keep the immune system up!



Purell
Along the same lines, no getting sick for this bar examinee/bride!



Solar Oil
Awesome cuticle oil, with a great smell. You have to let it sit for a few minutes before touching anything... It is oil, after all.



Neutrogena Body Clear Body Wash
Preventing rough patches and body acne; a must for normal showers, let alone pre-wedding showers :)



Shuga Dressy Mist
The ultimate hair volumizer and texturizer! Cheap too!



Pureology
I have both volume and hydrate.... they smell fabulous! And protect your color.



Pilates
Probably the most important so far, getting some exercise has been fabulous, considering I haven't really gone to a gym regularly since law school started! Pilates is the best because it stabilizes your core and lengthens your muscles, without adding bulk. Plus, what a great stress-relief!



Five A Day
I have also been trying to eat healthy and stay hydrated throughout the day. Frequent study breaks for fruit, almonds or (sometimes... when it's necessary) a small cup of coffee seem to make a world of difference. Plus, I just feel better when I eat healthier!

2 comments:

  1. I hope were are getting a check for all of those endorsements!!! you are funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the smell of Hempz products. And, as a product junkie myself, loved this post.

    ReplyDelete