June 20, 2009

Piercing the Corporate Veil

First, apologies for taking so long to write, I have been very busy studying for the bar exam! Bar review is also my excuse for my cheesy title... For those of you that are non-corporate lawyer types, all you really need to know is that it has absolutely nothing to do with this post except that it has the word "veil" in it! :)

I have noticed that the easy decisions have all been made and all I have left are hard decisions. I am sure that's because I have been putting the hard decisions off for as long as I can... Hoping that it will just come to me or that I will just know one day. Turns out, that isn't really how it works!

Anyway, one of the areas I have been mulling over is whether I want to wear a birdcage veil. I have known all along that I didn't want a traditional veil. I think they are lovely on many brides, but just don't go with my dress. At first, I was not into birdcage veils because I thought they were too trendy and "high fashion" for me. I hate to admit it, but I am a sucker! After months of browsing photos online, the idea has progressively grown on me. There is something about the open netting that is so vintagey and bridal, and when else will I get to adorn with such fancy decoration?! :)

Yesterday, I decided, what the heck? I can have my cake and eat it too! I will just wear the sucker for the ceremony and maybe the family photos and then take it off for the reception and probably our first look photo session. Plus, since the designer of my hair flower (Twigs & Honey) sells a pretty cool one, I may as well save on shipping and order them together. So, as I type, my birdcage veil is being crafted.

Here's the veil with a different flower...



And my flower...



Anyway, hopefully I can make sure the hairdo can handle my on-again off-again fickle tendencies! Anyone have any tips or similar indecisiveness? :)

2 comments:

  1. I think you can definitely pull it off!! Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photographer loves it!

    ReplyDelete